Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Paid (to CA) Med collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Paid (to CA) Med collection

I had a collection of $72 which the OC declined to accept payment saying account was transfered. I immediately talked to CA \ & gave them cc# etc on the phone to withdraw funds from. Assuming the matter closed, I did not follow up at all.

Several months later, I got a "final notice" from the CA for payment (this time including interest making it ~ $85). Turns out that the payment was not deducted earlier & when asked for the reason, they flatly refused me having given the payment with me ( instead asking me to show proof of payment e.g. copy of check). Again I gave him the credit card info and agreed to pay in full (including interest) when he agreed to this not being reported to CRAs

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the pitfalls & did not not set up a paper trail. When I checked my CR later, the collection showed there. Calling them was useless with the customary rudeness, denegration for not paying on time!  All that filing a dispute with a CRA & going through the local BBB, seems to have resulted in, is that they verified the account & posted the colelction to another CRA.

So I am looking for options to remove this from my report:

1. I am sceptical, given their past behavior, about the use of sending a GW letter. CA seems to have no presence on web but several complaints off ripoffs. Nevertheless, I am willing to give it a shot but am concerned that putting something in writing (where I would just blame issue on "miscommunication") could be construed as my admission of fault.

2. I read reference to the HIPAA option being applicable only if OC is listed but at least one of the CRAs the Doctor's name as OC. Can this be leveraged?

Am looking for some insights from the members here.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing Paid (to CA) Med collection

Hi and Welcome to the forums,Smiley Happy

I would suggest sending a GW letter, worse case they says no, best case they delete.

The only thing I know about HIPAA process is the debt has to be paid first, before starting the HIPAA process.

The HIPAA process is no longer posted on this site.But if you google it you should find all the info you need.

Also google"HIPPA " some have misspelled it.Now from what I have read, it work for some and not others.

Good Luck to you.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.