Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Satisfied Judgment

tag
butterflydiamondj76
Established Member

Re: Removing Satisfied Judgment

The clerk was very nice.  I have been reading that a GW should and has proven success.  But I haven't been able to really find a good sample for this topic.  Does anyone have one?

Message 11 of 20
butterflydiamondj76
Established Member

I found this thread for the GW letters so helpful this will help me.  Will keep you posted.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/GW-Example-Letters/m-p/4521/highlight/true#M12...

Message 12 of 20
dhrren
Valued Member

Any update for us?    Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
RegisTraiter
New Visitor

Which state is this happening in, BTW? Some states outright won't let you file a motion to vacate a satisfied judgment (MA is one example).

I lost a small claims case and sure enough it's heading for my credit reports like a freight train loaded with explosives. I paid it immediately after I got the letter from the court, and then called the clerk and asked if I could have it vacated. She snarkily told me that no, it's going on my credit no matter what I do or don't do.

Gotta love the court system - the stick you once when they decide the case against you, and then you take it in the neck for seven years just because.

Message 14 of 20
kjel
Established Contributor

@tfkallday wrote:

Hi Butterfly, I am going  through the same thing and every state is different.  Here in NJ there is a website with all of the do-it-yourself letterheads and documents you need to file a motion.  Try checking on your state or country website for such information or contact the county court clerk as I believe they are supposed to assist you through it.  If you come up with any info please keep us posted as I am curious! THANKS!

I am in NJ too and have a judgment against me for a hospital bill. It never went to an outside collection agency, the hospital never really put any effort into contacting me about it and I was "served" via snail mail at an address I hadn't lived it for 9 months. Bam....default judgment that I found when I pulled my annual credit report. I met with an attorney yesterday about this and she explained that the bar for service is extremely low and the creditor doesn't even have to appear in court to obtain a judgment against you. So I am going to hire her because she also thinks that I should have been entitled to some write off from the hospital due to my financial situation at the time so fingers crossed that it gets vacated (very likely as judges are friendly in these matters) and the bill reduced.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 15 of 20
DJBJW
Visitor

does anyone know how much, if at all, a fico score can be raised  once a judgment has been relaesed and removed from a credit report?

Message 16 of 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@DJBJW wrote:

does anyone know how much, if at all, a fico score can be raised  once a judgment has been relaesed and removed from a credit report?

There is no set amount.  It all depends on the rest of the file.  Was this the only baddie?  Are there collections?  Major derogs?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 20
DJBJW
Visitor

Only judgment, medical collections that I Ann making payments on every month, some derogatory remarks from 5,6 years ago
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update? I also have a satisfied judgment with a maryland district court and would love to know if there was a way to get it vacated..thanks!

Message 19 of 20
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@butterflydiamondj76 wrote:

No the judgment was correct. The status was in error.  They never reported it as satisfied until last year after several years of threatening them.  It was back in 2009.  Now the satisfaction is listed as 2013. I heard that technically it stays on the report for 7-10 years, is that true?  So now do I have to wait two more years for it to potentially come off?

This link may provide more helpful information:

https://www.creditkarma.com/article/public-records-on-credit-report

It does not matter when they updated your report as "paid" or "satisfied."  The public record is supposed to fall off from the date of first delinquency or at the time it was FIRST reported.  Hope this helps.  I live in OH and am working on having a judgment vacated when I lived in TX.  Good luck!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.