cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Collection from Central Financial Control

tag
mdre

Removing a Collection from Central Financial Control

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this collection removed? It happened in 2009 and they are saying a settlement was accepted, I think based on them accepting less late charges on a medical bill.

I only have the last 3 digits from my account number (from my credit report), and not even sure who to contact to get this cleared up/removed.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing a Collection from Central Financial Control

@mdre wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this collection removed? It happened in 2009 and they are saying a settlement was accepted, I think based on them accepting less late charges on a medical bill.

I only have the last 3 digits from my account number (from my credit report), and not even sure who to contact to get this cleared up/removed.

You can try sending a GW letter. There is nothing listed under FCRA that they have to deleted based on payment received. 

Message 2 of 3
electra
Established Contributor

Re: Removing a Collection from Central Financial Control

These guys are real slimeballs.  They are my last collection and are reporting a completely bogus medical charge.  They have a DOFD of 7/2008 and list the OC as a hospital.  Well, I did indeed go to this hospital ONCE in my life...in 2004 so even if I *did* owe this amount it has NO business being on my CR.  I was FULLY insured.  Maybe I could have overlooked a copayment?? It's possible, the amount is small...only $100 but definitely not in any other year than 2004.  All of my requests for validation are met with absolute silence.  I'm sure because they have NADA.  Also, this hospital closed in early 2009 and the DOFD is around the time they were selling off assets so...I'm guessing that's where that invented DOFD comes from.

I'm currently going through the Hipaa process to try to get them off.   So far they are off of TU but stubbornly sticking to EQ and EX.  My case is complicated because the OC is no longer there so not sure if it's going to work. If you want info on the Hipaa process feel free to PM me.

Good luck!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.