Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Default Eviction from record

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a Default Eviction from record

I need advice on how to proceed with removing a default eviction from my record.  I was never served by a marshall (in CT they only need to leave something in the door, not hand deliver) and thus did not know about an impending court date to answer to an eviction action - I had assumed that the management company had received the money orders they requested since they had not contacted me otherwise (long story).  Anyway, I then received notice via mail from the courts that I had a default judgment found against me and that I had days to be out.  I contacted the plaintiffs attorney and we entered into a stipulation agreement.  I paid the agreement and my lease is currently reinstated, but the eviction will remain on my record.  How do I go about getting it removed as I was never served?  Any advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Removing a Default Eviction from record

You can ask the management company to vacate the judgement/eviction.

Do you still have the receipts for the money orders?  It's probably well worth whatever fee they charge to trace them - find out if they were cashed.  If they were, get a copy of the  back of the money orders.   If it turns out the management company DID cash those money orders, seriously think about suing them.   

For future reference, it's a good idea to send it CMRR.

Please let us know what you find out!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.