cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Default Judgement before mortgage loan, shows $0 balance on county record?

tag
Ram0283

Removing a Default Judgement before mortgage loan, shows $0 balance on county record?

Hello, I'm currently looking to buy my first home in the next few months and need to take care of this before I move forward. After weeks of researching, I feel pretty confident I can get approved except for this one negative thing on my credit report. I have a civil judgement from 9/2007 for $2501 from CACH LLC showing on my 3 reports. My understanding is you cannot get a home with any judgments on your record that are unpaid. I belive this is from an old CC bill I let go back in 2005 due to not having a job at the time and my own misjudgement of what it would do to my credit for so long(lesson learned!). Before I do anything that may update the judgment on my CR and inturn bring my score down(last update was from 9/2007), I'm wanting to find out my best route to take care of this problem before I start the loan process.

I've heard alot of sketchy reports about CACH LLC, so I checked my county's record's site for the case, it does show a Default Judgment, BUT the ammount for the judgment reads $0, in fact, no where on the report does it list an amount outside of $0, except at the bottom where the court fees are (about $180) that were paid CACH's attorney.

"Judgment: (P) - for Plaintiff Judgment Amt: 0.00 Default Judgment"

My sister, who recently started working for a debt consolidation company showed it to her boss who thinks I should be able to have the county clerk lift the judgement since it shows a $0 balance on the record.

My question is though, does this seem like a possibility of doing and if so, how should I properly go about doing so with the judgement lift? I half way wonder if maybe CACH was trying to "scare" me into paying the debt at the time, banking on me not coming to court and thus, getting a default judgment, but somehow did it without putting down a dollar amount in the lawsuit. Ultimately I want to take care of this judgement so i can buy a home one day, with as little money or no money as possible to get this removed as I need to move soon and paying this judgement will set me back quite a bit towards having the money for the downpayment and closing costs I need, and I'm about a month of savings away from my goal. Looking for any advice I can get, I can't seem to find any info on anyone having a county record judgement record showing a $0 amount. Also, I live in the state of Texas. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm unsure if this topic should be here or in the mortgage section, my appologies if I have the wrong forum for this topic.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.