Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a Judgment from your Credit Report

tag
Lboo
Valued Member

Re: Removing a Judgment from your Credit Report

Hopefully Experian will come back with a delete and I'll just have to file a complaint for Equifax! 

Starting/Current Scores: MyFICO EX 547/608, EQ 557/585, TU 555/606
Goals: Raise my scores to 620 to get a mortgage then car loan early 2016
Other Notes: Started with 23 Collections and 3 Judgments
9 dropping off 2015 - 8 paid waiting for Goodwill deletions
2 Judgments Paid – One deleted/waiting for second one to delete in July 2015/Paying third judgment August 2015 and deletion
2 cell phone collection disputes (Verizon and U.S. Cellular) and 4 collections to pay by August 2015 for DEBT FREEDOM!!!
Message 21 of 25
Lboo
Valued Member

Experian also deleted the judgment!  Now to go after Equifax.  On another note, I paid off 6 collections in the last two weeks.  One of them reported as paid even though I paid a settlement amount.  One of the bureaus raised my score 10 points from that one collection.  The other two went up between 3 and 6 points.  Can't wait to find out how much my score will increase from this judgment being paid and the other 5 collections showing as paid.  I also sent a good will letter along with the payment.  Crossing fingers and toes they delete all five collections! 

2 Judgments Paid – One deleted/waiting for second one to delete in July 2015/Paying third judgment August 2015 and deletion
2 cell phone collection disputes (Verizon and U.S. Cellular) and 4 collections to pay by August 2015 for DEBT FREEDOM!!!
Message 22 of 25
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Lboo wrote:

Experian also deleted the judgment!  Now to go after Equifax.  On another note, I paid off 6 collections in the last two weeks.  One of them reported as paid even though I paid a settlement amount.  One of the bureaus raised my score 10 points from that one collection.  The other two went up between 3 and 6 points.  Can't wait to find out how much my score will increase from this judgment being paid and the other 5 collections showing as paid.  I also sent a good will letter along with the payment.  Crossing fingers and toes they delete all five collections! 

Good on EX deleting. EQ seems to becoming the new EX, EX was always the one that had to be faught not so of late. EQ doesnt have the deep pockets of EX either.

Message 23 of 25
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Yeah, EQ is definitely the worst for me. Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 25
Lboo
Valued Member

Thanks. Last time I did credit repair Transunion was the bureau that played hard ball. Hoping Equifax does the right thing.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.