Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a State Tax Lien???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a State Tax Lien???

Hello everybody, I was looking for some info on getting a paid state tax lien removed from my credit. I already tried disputing with the credit bureaus but it only came back verified and paid on of the bureaus. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing a State Tax Lien???

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everybody, I was looking for some info on getting a paid state tax lien removed from my credit. I already tried disputing with the credit bureaus but it only came back verified and paid on of the bureaus. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Look up the state regulations on reporting.  I know in Cali there's nothing I can do for a state tax lien except to just let it age off assuming that it wasn't levied in error (which mine was not).  You may well be out of luck on it.   Federal liens are the only ones I know can be removed once satisified unfortunately.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I'll continue to see what else can be done.

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Not sure, but I think I read that in my state (Oregon) you can get a paid lien lifted.  Some new statute.  Hopefully your state has that - I'm sure a quick internet search will net you the results.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.