Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing a comment from CRA

What is an AAoA?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats your Average Age of Accounts. If your AAoA is, for example, 4 years, then temporarily excluding a 2 year old account makes your AAoA look longer and therefore better to the scoring model, then when it goes back in, it pulls the AAoA back down.

I don't know what accounts other than revolving and installment might be included in that calculation. 

Message 13 of 15
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

That is excellent info! I don't completely understand how they do their calculations. Even though I'm in my mid 40s my ex controlled everything and was seriously out of control. My credit started when I was 16 and it was excellent. After being married 24 yrs, I had zero in my name. It's been 5 yrs since my divorce and my oldest is a closed DTE energy bill, in good, on my report. This student loan was started in 2011 and payments started in 2012. My CC are within the yr. His BK from a business that I never owned is on my CR only because I was told by his attorney, if I didn't sign it I would be responsible for all his debt. I was scared and finally got up the strength and left! Rebuilding under my integrity has been a btch! The bk was in 08, so.... It feels like I will be geriatric before I carry my own label!
Message 14 of 15
slund5499
Established Contributor

I agree. I have disputed FP Co and everytime I dispute my score goes up . The the TL comes back verified no change my score drops more than it went up. Up 18, down 24, up 14, down 12, up 16 down 18.

It is just crazy, but disputed TL have both a negative and positive impact on FICO scoring models; unless they are medical collections.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.