cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a late report on credit file on a closed account and also student loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a late report on credit file on a closed account and also student loans

On my credit report it says that I was late on a chase payment for 90 days.  That account has since been closed. Can I write a letter of goodwill to get that entry deleted?  Also can I do the same to get the late payment removed from my Sallie Mae accounts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
awash242
Contributor

Re: Removing a late report on credit file on a closed account and also student loans

It cant hurt to try....stamps are cheap. Send off some GW letters.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing a late report on credit file on a closed account and also student loans

Does the closed account have any remaining delinquent debt?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Yes, I am still paying this account off.

Message 4 of 6
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Chase has been very good to most people with regards to Goodwills for lates and charge offs. I would recommed you send a GW letter to them, However it might be ideal to send the GW letter as soon as you have paid off all your delinquent amount owed.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 5 of 6
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@somotao wrote:

Chase has been very good to most people with regards to Goodwills for lates and charge offs. I would recommed you send a GW letter to them, However it might be ideal to send the GW letter as soon as you have paid off all your delinquent amount owed.

+1

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.