Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a paid collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a paid collection

I have an old collection account, which I did pay when I received a bill from the CA, for a medical bill (for $36.00 lol)  that I'm trying to have removed from my reports. I tried calling the medical center to request that they send a letter to the CRAs to have this collection removed.  I explained to them that had I known I owed them $36.00 I would certainly have paid it on time, along with the other hundreds of dollars in medical bills that I paid on time to the hospital.  They told me that they sent me three bills before turning it over for collection, which I honestly don't recall getting.  They also told me that they don't send letters to CRAs to have information removed and that if they did it for me, they would have to do it for everyone. 

Does anyone know what step I might take next?  Having a collection for $36.00 on my reports is insane!

Thank you for any help you can provide!

DawnO

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing a paid collection

Use the HIPPA process.  There is a link at the top of this forum...be sure to follow it 100% as written!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing a paid collection

Thank you, JMW331!  I will give it a try. 

DawnO

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.