Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a paid medical collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a paid medical collection

Researching this through the forums I see that I need someone to email me the info on getting this collection off my 3 credit reports. It was paid in full to CA and they have a policy of not removing. I know there is some HIPAA way of sending a letter to them to get it removed. In researching in forums links to websites are removed from myfico. Can someone PM me the information pleasssseeeee?  TIA!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing a paid medical collection

@Anonymous wrote:

Researching this through the forums I see that I need someone to email me the info on getting this collection off my 3 credit reports. It was paid in full to CA and they have a policy of not removing. I know there is some HIPAA way of sending a letter to them to get it removed. In researching in forums links to websites are removed from myfico. Can someone PM me the information pleasssseeeee?  TIA!

Typically the only thing you can do with a paid collection is to begin a GW campaign asking for removal of the TL, it can take years but all you can do is try. Anything to do with the HIPAA Process cannot be discussed on this board. You can Google it and contact its creator.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.