Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a serious delinquency from your credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing a serious delinquency from your credit report

I have one serious delinquency being reported on my credit report. It was a credit card from when I was young. The account was opened April 2013 with a balance of $500 and was never paid and turned over to a collection agency. I paid the account in full on August 2014. The account is now being reported as a charge off. I've tried calling the credit company and asking if there was anything they could do to have it removed. They told me no. Is there anything I can do to have it removed? Is lexington law worth calling. Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing a serious delinquency from your credit report

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I tried a GW letter. Checked my mailbox today and got a letter for the creditor and the turned me down. Said they would still report it. Any other ideas? 

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Try calling someone at their upper-management level, who has authority to grant exceptions to their normal non-deletion policy.

The CRAs include in their credit reporting manual and reporting agreements their policy that creditors and debt collectors not delete derogs based on payment of the debt.

That is an admin policy on the part of the CRAs for their business purpose of maintaining the completeness of their product (credit reports).

Many furnishers will establish internal policy guidelines to underlings that instruct them not to delete based on a paid debt.

Management makes their internal policies, and have the authority to grant exceptions.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.