Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an error on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing an error on credit report

Hello!  I am in the process of rebuilding and just had an unexpected setback.  I had a loan with Kabbage that was past due, but it was PIF in January.  The account was never reported on my credit report until this week (10 months later), when it posted as past due/unpaid.  I logged into my Kabbage account and it is showing a 0 balance.  Should I contact the OC, or should I just file a dispute with the CRA?  I would love to have it removed completely, and not just updated as late payments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing an error on credit report

There is no requirment that a derog be reported within any set period aftier its occurence.  If the late(s) occured, then there would be no basis for a dispute of the reporting of the delinquencies.

However, the current status should not show as delinquenct, but rather as paid.  That is a readily correctible error.

You can handle informally by placing a call to the creditor.  if you wish to handle formally, then you can either file a direct dispute with the creditor, or send the dispute to the CRA and let them handle the processing.  Handling informally will avoid a pending dispute appearing in your credit report, and thus temporarily impacting your score.

A furnisher always has the option of simply correcting any inaccuracy, so they will likely correct the status without any deletion.

If you wish the account or any derogs deleted, you would send a GW request to the creditor,.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.