Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing collections?

tag
Globalgirl
Valued Member

Removing collections?

The last negative items on my CR are two medical collections that I'm trying to have removed. What are the chances that this will lower my FICO score? I've researched this forum and found that I could possibly be rebucketed but I'm not sure if this happens to everyone. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Equifax: 6/2013 (647) / 10/2013 (647) / 11/13 (654) / 6/05/14 (725)
Experian: 6/2013 (673) / 10/2013 (684) / 12/12/13 (692)
TU Walmart: 6/2013 (683) / 10/2013 (693) / 01/2014 (704) / 06/05/14 (705)
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: Removing collections?

well, to be blunt, its going to happen SOMETIME. sure, its possible to see a slight decrease when rebucketed, but that comes with the overall growth. so, unless you just WANT to stay subprime your whole life, may as well get over the hump now and get it over with (its temporary).

i suppose for examples sake, its comparable to saying "no way, i dont want to move to beverly hills, cuz my house will be on the lower end of the scale when compared to everyone elses. i think ill just stay in the ghetto since my house is the fanciest one on the block".

ok so my explanations tend to be a bit...off, but you get the picture...

Message 2 of 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing collections?

When the last CA is removed, expect a significant increase in score just for that.

As for the rebucket, I don't really know how it works. But I can say when my last CA was removed, I gained 44 points.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.