Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing dispute comments on credit reports

tag
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Removing dispute comments on credit reports

Good morning forum family, if this question has already been answered please forgive me. I'm sure when i'm ready to actually apply for a mortgage,i will be asked to remove the dispute status from my report, i've seen on here where others have removed the comments and have lost a lot of points my question is does anyone know if it matters that one of the accounts is not a collection?, it is an account that the creditor refuses to update monthly so it looked as though i was never paying down the revolving account, i tried to contact them but no response so i disputed and asked Experian to take care of it for me. eventually the company updated their records. Does the forum think once the dispute comments are removed that my credit score will drop if this was not an account in collections? Thanks!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing dispute comments on credit reports

It's impossible to know but I can tell you my experience recently.  I had either 3-4 (depending on the CRA) OC TL's that had the AID remarks on them.  All were closed accounts, PIF, with only lates (30 - 120 days) on them.  After removing them (it took several weeks), my scores didn't change.  You should also know I have up to 32 TL's on my CR's.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 4
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Thanks you tomfromrictmame, just wondering if it applies to positive tradelines, as it relates to possible score drops? Wow! 32 TL's you are well seasoned.

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 3 of 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I actually did have a positive TL on one CR that was showing the AID remark (not sure how I missed that after all these months).  I had those remarks removed as well.

BTW, I am house shopping with a NFCU pre-approval in hand.  I will not likely use them as I can do better with terms elsewhere, but it will help when I am ready to offer.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.