Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing disputed comments and SOL

tag
moweesgirl
Established Member

Removing disputed comments and SOL

I am not sure if this is where it belongs, so feel free to move it if needed...

We are applying for a morgtage and we have several TL that we disputed in the past and the disputed comments still remain. In order to get an approval, the lender wants us to remove the disputed comments so they can get a true score. This is my question. One of the accounts is past the SOL and creeping up on the 7 year mark for the credit reports. The lender is expediting the request to remove the comments and gave me a letter to fill out. If I send a letter saying I am no longer disputing the account, does that say I am acknowledging the debt to be correct? I ask because we really dont think the debt is valid, but we werent really going to fight it because it was past the SOL and about to fall off the credit report. Its only for $622, but not something that we want to pay since we dont think its valid. 

So my question is, if I send the letter saying I am no longer disputing the account, does that reset the SOL? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Removing disputed comments and SOL

@moweesgirl wrote:

I am not sure if this is where it belongs, so feel free to move it if needed...

We are applying for a morgtage and we have several TL that we disputed in the past and the disputed comments still remain. In order to get an approval, the lender wants us to remove the disputed comments so they can get a true score. This is my question. One of the accounts is past the SOL and creeping up on the 7 year mark for the credit reports. The lender is expediting the request to remove the comments and gave me a letter to fill out. If I send a letter saying I am no longer disputing the account, does that say I am acknowledging the debt to be correct? I ask because we really dont think the debt is valid, but we werent really going to fight it because it was past the SOL and about to fall off the credit report. Its only for $622, but not something that we want to pay since we dont think its valid. 

So my question is, if I send the letter saying I am no longer disputing the account, does that reset the SOL? 

No.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.