Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing items from CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing items from CR

I have been reading a lot and posting a lot.  Here is my new venture!  I am looking through my TU CR and post BK I have items listed as adverse but the remarks line says "included in bankruptcy".  Some are scheduled to fall off in 2012, 2013 and 2014.  Has anyone had any luck contacting either the CRA or the creditor and asking them to remove the item sooner to help rebuild credit?  I am not even sure if something like this is possibe since it was included in BK.  I need to work on boosting my score so I can obtain credit to get some positive feedback on my CR. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing items from CR

You would not contact the CRA to ask for earlier deletion.  They have no authority to grant good-will deletions of accurately reported information.

You would have to contact the party who reported the information, and ask them to report its earlier deletion to the CRA.  I would be kinda surprised if a credtior that had their debt discharged by way of BK would be in a mood of good will toward the consumer

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing items from CR

Thanks for the reply.  A few of the items didn't actually have a balance at the time of BK.  I am just trying anything I can to boost my ugly score! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.