Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing judgment after satisfied

tag
manolommaad

Removing judgment after satisfied

Hello,

A judgment against me was entered in California early 2011. I was not served as I relocated to TX. A month ago, paid the judgment and downloaded the satisfaction letter from the court's website and my lender updated my credit report to Released. I would like to know if I can file a motion to vacate judgment to delete the record on my credit report. Also, talked to the creditor and they said they won't contest it. If that is the case, if I file a motion to vacate judgment and the creditor does not contest it. Will it be dismissed just like it never happend? Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing judgment after satisfied

@manolommaad wrote:

Hello,

A judgment against me was entered in California early 2011. I was not served as I relocated to TX. A month ago, paid the judgment and downloaded the satisfaction letter from the court's website and my lender updated my credit report to Released. I would like to know if I can file a motion to vacate judgment to delete the record on my credit report. Also, talked to the creditor and they said they won't contest it. If that is the case, if I file a motion to vacate judgment and the creditor does not contest it. Will it be dismissed just like it never happend? Thank you

file the motion if its granted its gone from your CRs now, a vacation of judgment means it never happened just like a withdrawl of tax liens mean they never happened, Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
manolommaad

Thank you for your reply. I will be sending the motion to vacate judgment tomorrow first class. I hope this will work.

Is it the judge's discretion if he/she schedules a hearing? If a hearing is scheduled or the creditor does not reply or contest to the summon, is automatically vacated or the judge needs to schedule a hearing? Thank you
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@manolommaad wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I will be sending the motion to vacate judgment tomorrow first class. I hope this will work.

Is it the judge's discretion if he/she schedules a hearing? If a hearing is scheduled or the creditor does not reply or contest to the summon, is automatically vacated or the judge needs to schedule a hearing? Thank you

If the motion is filed the judge has to rule on it one way or the other, a hearing would most likely only need to scheduled if the plaintiff objects to the motion and it sounds like they are not going to contest it. Just be sure to keep track of it so you dont miss a hearing if one is scheduled.,

Message 4 of 7
manolommaad

The issue is i live in texas ans tge judgment is in california. Will the court send any paperwork to my texas address? Thank you.
Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@manolommaad wrote:
The issue is i live in texas ans tge judgment is in california. Will the court send any paperwork to my texas address? Thank you.

They should be sure to include a letter with the motion stating your current address and its where you would like any and all communications to be sent.

Message 6 of 7
manolommaad

Thank you very much for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.