cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing late credit card payments

tag
Dre4Centurion

Removing late credit card payments

I have two cards that I got about a year ago, I missed a payment on each because of fraudulent "block" on my checking account(someone stole my debit card and my balance went negative). I have made payments ever since, never missing a paymet. Can I remove these Lates from my CRs? If so can I do it through Credit Karma, what proof do I have to give them? (I dont have an accoutn at that bank anymore) 

both of these are 30-59 late according to CK

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing late credit card payments

Hi,

So the first steps are:

Go to that bank that you had the checking with and get a statement or some actually proof that there was fraud and that the account was blocked showing dates.

Then go to all 3 Credit Bureaus and file disputes, not though CK.

Put the dispute reason as fraud. And supply the letter as evidence.

Final step: Hope for the best!

This isn't a guaranteed method but it may work.

An alternative option is to get the letter about the checking account and bring that in to the banks where you have the affected credit cards. Sit with a banker let them know the situation and ask if there's any way they can help. They may forward the letter to their back office team who may or may not choose to remove the information as a courtesy.

Usually the best option if something like that happens is to call the bank and make a payment arrangement for future reference.

Good Luck!!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.