Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing late remarks

tag
emferrari
Established Member

Removing late remarks

I have 2 late remarks on my GM Financial from 1.5 years ago. The late remarks happened because I was sending bi-weekly payments via the bank's bill pay system and it was reaching GM Financial beyond the due date. I called them and explained the situation, they agreed it was exactly what happened. They waived fees but they are not willing to remove the late remark. I am applying for a mortgage and looks like those two late remarks are killing my score a bit. Does anyone has a successful experience to have those type of remarks removed?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing late remarks

@emferrari

I moved your post here in hopes that someone has had experience with GM Financial.  Good luck

Message 2 of 8
emferrari
Established Member

Great! Thank you very much guys!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be helpful if you told us how late you were -- 30D?  Worse?

Also how did you contact them about removing the lates?  Phone?

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reaching the creditor beyond the due date, even if true, would not be reason to report a 30-late to the CRAs unless the delay extended at least 30 days past the billing due date.  You can be late under your account agreement without it becoming reportable to a CRA.

What was the billing due date, and when were the payments asserted to have been received?

Message 5 of 8
emferrari
Established Member

@ABCD2199 - Yes, phone and also tried executive office via a BBB channel.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely get your information together from your bank and I would write directly to the GM Financial executives (my latest list has the names of about 5 of them, so I bet you can find them all on Google or LinkedIn).

I never, ever, ever do goodwill via phone.  I also don't do BBB or CFPB or anything until AFTER I've written the executives directly by mail.  This shows I am serious and also shows I'm not going to report them until they've at least all denied me a few times.

I highly suggest reading the "Goodwill Saturation Technique" thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

GM Financial isn't known for giving goodwill adjustments, but in your case it does appear that it was a banking-deposit related issue and not a borrower issue.  I would contact execs directly by mail at their specific office addresses.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on that. The CBs have deaf ears to most matters as all they do is verify the account belongs to you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.