Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing negative but accurate items

tag
Unveiler1

Removing negative but accurate items

Hello everyone,
I do have 6 negative accounts on my credit reports. All of them have been settled. How can I have these accounts removed ? Do I call the banks? Can anyone provide phone numbers of people who have authority to remove them? Banks are Amex ,Bank of America , capital one, HSBC and Citi.
Any help is really appreciated. My life is a mess right now and I am trying to get my act together. Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Removing negative but accurate items

I would start with GW (goodwill) letters. Good luck!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

There is a rebuilding forum on this board. I highly recommend you read some of the threads there. It will explain about goodwill letters and such. Good luck! Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While payment of a debt does not negate the fact of prior delinquencies and derogs along the path, it certainly demonstrates to the creditor that you honor your debt oblitation when able.

You are on the correct path in attempting to reach a managment official who has discretion to grant exceptions to their normal policy of non-deletion based on payment of the debt.  Most creditors have a uniform policy to that effect, based on the conditions of their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs, and general letters usually fall on the desk of underlings who must comply with that standard policy.

I would be armed with reasons why you were delinquent in payment, and also why you have overcome those reasons, demonstrating that you are now a desirable customer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.