Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing paid collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing paid collections

I just paid off my 3 medical collections yesterday! Woohoo. One collector said they don't remove the account from credit report just show paid in full. One said they would completely remove the account and it won't show that it was ever there. The other wasn't too convincing when he told me he'd remove it completely. Anyway, can I dispute them once they show a $0 balance? I NEED them removed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing paid collections

The one that said they will not remove, you may try and send a Goodwill letter. You cannot dispute the $0 balance as they are reporting correctly. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had another collection from them that I paid a year ago. I disputed it recently and they removed it. I asked the woman if she could remove it and they said they absolutely do not remove them. But I got the other removed?
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I had another collection from them that I paid a year ago. I disputed it recently and they removed it. I asked the woman if she could remove it and they said they absolutely do not remove them. But I got the other removed?

My Fico does not advocate the disputing of valid information, disputes are for inaccurate reporting only. You would send the reporting CA a GW letter 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680     Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.