Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing paid judgement from all CRA's

tag
DjBadCredit
Established Member

Removing paid judgement from all CRA's

I have a court certified copy of my paid judgement. On the judgement itself it has "this judgement has been vacated and discharged as 11/27/08". It's signed by the judge, stamped, and ready for me to send to the CRA's to be removed, right? I have faxed the bureaus proof of my identity, address, and the vacated judgement. I just sent the same information certified mail today. Someone please tell me this is going to work. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing paid judgement from all CRA's

Paid judgments usually report as satisfied, a vacatur is a different thing. It means the judgment was deleted, as if it never happened. So dispute that this judgment has been vacated/reversed.

Message 2 of 9
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

I tried to get an old judgement that I had on my credit deleted once it got paid but was not succesful. Eventually it fell off. Good Luck

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would file a dispute of accuracy with the CRAs.  They have the authority, under their reinvestigation rights, to simply contact the court and determine if their was actually a vacate of the judgment, and  not simply a recordation of its satisfaction.

Message 4 of 9
igids1
Regular Contributor

Mail a copy of that signed letter of vacation to the major CRA, along with a statement saying the judgments were filed in error, and have since been vacated, please delete. Do not do this over phone, nor online.

Message 5 of 9
DjBadCredit
Established Member

Experian has deleted the vacated judgement from my report. I always considered them to be the most dysfunctional of the three bureaus but it looks like they came through for me. 1st victory for the New Year, 2 more bureaus to go. Thanks for all the info guys.

Message 6 of 9
DjBadCredit
Established Member

Re: Removing paid judgment from all CRA's

Transunion is now my favorite bureau that I love to hate. The vacated , dismissed, and released judgment that I sent proof of to all the bureaus, is still coming back verified. Transunion says that my dispute is frivolous and to send copies of court documents if I am not satisfied. How about just calling them about this? I wont give up, but this is so frustrating and pointless. I had nothing to do with this judgment in the first place.

Message 7 of 9
DjBadCredit
Established Member

Update on removing judgment, Transunion deleted the vacated judgment today! Equifax  is still verifying the judgment. Transunion I was just kidding about the whole..."My favorite bureau I love to hate" comment. It's Equifax now! I'm not giving up

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Seems like everyone always has one CRA that validates everything.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.