Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Comments"

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Removing "Comments"

I just wanted to know if "comments" on your accounts affects your score in anyway. I disputed an account last year for incorrect reporting, it came back as valid and I decided to leave it alone but the comments "consumer disputes this account information" still shows, although it is also under a closed account. Just wondered if I should tell the CRA's that I no longer dispute it or just leave it be ?

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing "Comments"

@LShawn08 wrote:

I just wanted to know if "comments" on your accounts affects your score in anyway. I disputed an account last year for incorrect reporting, it came back as valid and I decided to leave it alone but the comments "consumer disputes this account information" still shows, although it is also under a closed account. Just wondered if I should tell the CRA's that I no longer dispute it or just leave it be ?

Accounts noted with disputes have some elements removed from Fico scoring and its why if apping for a mortgage they want all dispute comments removed so they can get a true Fico on you. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing "Comments"

A dispute must, by statute, be concluded in 30'ish days.

They sent a \Notice of Results of Reinvestigstion, which is the formal document that concludes a dispute.

The CRA must retain a record of the dispute having been filed, but will update to show its termination.

I presume that the credit report also states "meets requrements of \FCRA" or similar language,  indicating conclusion of the dispute.

Thus contacting the CRA is not necessary if the dispute is shown as concluded.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.