Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing repossession from report

tag
wwinter
Contributor

Removing repossession from report

Hi everyone.  Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.  It's already paid dividends as my wife and I are about to close on our first house with a 4.5% 30 year fixed from Wells.

I have a couple questions.

1- I have a repossession on my report from Ford Motor Credit that dates to July 2005.  Can I get this removed or do I have to wait this out for another year and it will then drop off my report?

2- I have two late payments on a Wells card from early 2005.  Is it possible to get those removed somehow?  

They're the only remaining dings on my credit report.  I haven't been late on anything in 6 years.  Not since the repossession have I missed a payment on anything.

Thanks again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing repossession from report

@wwinter wrote:

Hi everyone.  Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.  It's already paid dividends as my wife and I are about to close on our first house with a 4.5% 30 year fixed from Wells.

I have a couple questions.

1- I have a repossession on my report from Ford Motor Credit that dates to July 2005.  Can I get this removed or do I have to wait this out for another year and it will then drop off my report?

2- I have two late payments on a Wells card from early 2005.  Is it possible to get those removed somehow?  

They're the only remaining dings on my credit report.  I haven't been late on anything in 6 years.  Not since the repossession have I missed a payment on anything.

Thanks again.

Welcome to myFICO.

You can send what are called GW (Good Will) letters to both those creditors and ask them to delete the negatives early. They are not required to do so but GW's are often successful. If you do a search here onsite for what others have done with FMC and WF you might get a sense of what works and doesn't work.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the family here at myFICO,

Congrats on your new home.Smiley Wink  Great interest rate too.

Ford Motor co would not help with removing late payments with me, and I was a Ford employee.

Hope you have better luck then I did.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Ford is unhelpful in this area.  I have tried many, many times. 

The last time I tried to ge a 30 day deleted, they made it a 60 day late.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.