Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing satisfied tax liens from credit reports

tag
AbsentMindedProfessor
Contributor

Re: Removing satisfied tax liens from credit reports

Quick update for the group...I submitted a sincere and to-the-point letter to the CA FTB that essentially amounted to the mother of all goodwill letters.  I will keep you posted. 

Starting Score: 578 (3/11/13)
Low Score: 501 (9/28/13)
Current Score: 738 (8/7/15)
Goal Score: 720

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 81 of 98
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

@AbsentMindedProfessor wrote:

Quick update for the group...I submitted a sincere and to-the-point letter to the CA FTB that essentially amounted to the mother of all goodwill letters.  I will keep you posted. 

Good luck!

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 82 of 98
ladyt1980
New Visitor

submit a complaint with http://www.consumerfinance.gov/ they will get the job done.

Message 83 of 98
humanjukebox
Valued Member

Has anybody been successful in getting a warrant lein in the state of Mississippi? I just received the letter authorizing the county clerk to cancel it.

Eq FICO - 556 - 6/20
Transunion FICO - 603 - 6/20
Experian FICO - 586 - 6/20
Message 84 of 98
kotmic
New Visitor

<<<<< FOR THOSE WITH NEW YORK STATE PAID / SATISFIED TAX LIENS >>>>>

Please help push a bill through the NY State Senate to have satisfied tax liens removed from credit reports. 

There is currently no way to remove a satisfied state tax lien from a credit report in new York before 7 years have passed. (I'm not saying its impossible, but unless there was an error, I haven't found a way). The federal government enacted the "lien on me" program giving individuals the ability to remove satisfied federal tax liens and NY senator Eric Adams has introduced bill S7134-2011 which would do the same for satisfied NYS tax liens. That bill was passed to the investigative and government operations committee where it sat until it was too old. It has been given a new number S2409-2013. Unless someone on that committee brings it forward it will NOT be addressed. Senator Adams will be leaving the senate soon and at that point there may be NO ONE to back this bill again!!! It is up to us to bring it to the attention of our own representatives and especially members of the investigative committee. If we don't do anything those tax liens will have a negative impact on our credit reports for 7 full years!!

<<< WHAT YOU CAN DO >>>

Contact your own state senator and insist they pass the bill as soon as possible: http://www.nysenate.gov/senators

Contact the NYS Investigative and Government Operations committee chairmen:

Senator Carl Marcelliino

marcelli@senate.state.ny.us

District Office

250 Townsend Square

Oyster Bay, NY 11771

United States

Phone: (516) 922-1811

http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/carl-l-marcellino

More about the Bill: http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2409-2013

Message 85 of 98
jaswolfe

My ex wife continued to mail back letters to WV after we seperated, find out that I know have a tax lien on my credit reports.  Its for $4851.00.  After I contacted the state tax department they said they never recieved my 2009 income tax filing.  After pulling it back up my balance due to the state is $361.00 with all penalities and interest.  Any suggestions on how to procede with this.  I am heading down to pay it tomorrow, do I need to get a letter of delete or because the amount in the judgment is no where near actually monies owed can I dispute it to be deleted simply on the Fair Debt collection 807 descriptio of false representation of the character, AMOUNT, or legal status of any debt?

Message 86 of 98
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Any update on the bill being passed for NYState to remove satisfied/paid tax liens? 

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 87 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

does this "fresh start" program works to remove state liens?

Message 88 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you pay what you actually owe, it will show as "released" no longer showing the amount... I'm actually trying to delete one from my credit report ... samething happened to me... except I didn't owe anything....

Message 89 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

can CA liens be removed? Especially when after I didn't actually owe anything!!!

Message 90 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.