Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rent Dept PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rent Dept PFD

I'm trying to get my collection off my report to get an apartment. The collection falls of September 2016 however I'm not having luck with renting "from owner" houses. So I wrote a pfd to Rentdebt and this is their response:

" We contacted Parks at Treepoint in response to your disoute. Attached please find a copy of their response."

Attached letter reads:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 4:21PM
To: Dispute Analyst
Cc: RDAC Manager
Subject: RE: RD638551

Client will not go below 50%- pls counter with 50% @ 511.58 per tax season sif/ will remove cbr as well.

Client Services
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does this mean? Also, the attached letter is an email and not signed with no letter head.

Is it a pfd agreement? Is it official?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rent Dept PFD

It appears to be an offer to "Settle in Full" and remove Credit Bureau Report for 50%. Not sure what they mean by "$511.58 per tax season".

I would respond back with clarification to make sure you under stand the terms, but it sounds like a good offer to me.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I sent them a letter asking them to clarity what they mean and to put it on letterhead and signed.

Also noticed that the letter/final bill sent to Rent Debt from apartment mispelled my last name. Should I send credit bureaus that letter as evidence of not being notified of the debt due to misspelling of last name and therefore letter not delivered?
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

How is a clerical error evidency of non-delivery of a bill or knowldedge of the debt?

Was their letter returned at the time as being non-deliverable because it was not you?

Additionally, the CRAs are not arbitors of debt validation, and are not a party in a debt validation process.

I would presume that your rental contract specified your monthly due date and amount, so am unsure of how a final bill would be determinative of debt and its delinquency.

It is normally only billing of revolving debt balances that is required to establish debt, and thus required per the FCBA.

If the debt is valid, then simple admin or clerical errors wont make it otherwise......

Message 4 of 8
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Robert, trying to leverage a typo to clean this up probably won't work.

And more importantly - you do seem to have a pretty great offer from them. If they're willing to settle the debt for 50% and remove all reporting from the CRAs - that's excellent and I'd recommend taking it ASAP if you have the funds available. I do think you're smart to get it on company letterhead signed by a specific person at the company, but once you have that I'd go for it.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Just got the letter I asked for and it says to pay $511.58 no later than April 30 to Settle in Full. However it does not say anything about deletion. I intend on sending a check with a "Paid in Full" clause.
My understanding is "Settlement in Full" is not good in the credit report.

Do you think they will delete anyways?
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks.

Just got the letter I asked for and it says to pay $511.58 no later than April 30 to Settle in Full. However it does not say anything about deletion. I intend on sending a check with a "Paid in Full" clause.
My understanding is "Settlement in Full" is not good in the credit report.

Do you think they will delete anyways?

Call and ask if they will still honor their verbal telling you that they will remove it. If they say yes then pay it. Checks with paid in full clause have no effect on anyting it is not a legal way of saying anything and their cashing it doesnt hold them to it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

To update, RDC deleted the info by June.

My score went up to 780. Got some cards that are in my sig.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.