Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rent Payment to rebuild credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rent Payment to rebuild credit

I have recently been through a chapter 7 bankruptcy. I am currently waiting for my discharge letter to come in the mail. but I am seeing things online where you can report your rent to the 3 credit bureau's. Does anyone know how to do this? We live in an apartment complex and just resigned our 2nd lease so I would love to know how to report this to my blank credit report

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Poquelin
Contributor

Re: Rent Payment to rebuild credit

WilliamPaid.com allows you to have your rent payments reported to the big 3. I believe you have to provide them with a copy of your lease and other information.

I never used them myself, i found out about them just before I bought my house.

I wish I'd known about them during the 6 years I made on time rent payments prior to getting a mortgage. I'm sure it would have helped me build my credit score. 

Like I said, I never used the service I just know about it so I can't speak for how satisfied one may be using them. Maybe someone else who has had actual experience with them can fill in the blanks.

Good Luck!

Starting Score: 638

Current score:
Equifax 680
Trans Union 718
Experian 714

Target Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 2 of 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Rent Payment to rebuild credit

I have never heard of this.

Your report isn't blank. (Not sure if you meant literally blank or using it as an expression lol)

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.