Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Company reporting Collections - New Collections

tag
juju4242

Rental Company reporting Collections - New Collections

Hi All,

I've been working very hard to rebuild my credit after Chapter 7 to buy a home.  I'm close but a new collection  CA has hit my report from my old apartment ($3500.00) I called the mangement company as I was PIF when I moved last April , they told me it was for painting the apartment when I moved.  Can they do this??? What can I do to remove from my credit reports,  it has taken 40 points off each score in 1 day.   I called the CA and they said it can't be removed unless I show a PIF receipt for the $3,500.00.  PLEASE HELP..... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rental Company reporting Collections - New Collections

@juju4242 wrote:

Hi All,

I've been working very hard to rebuild my credit after Chapter 7 to buy a home.  I'm close but a new collection  CA has hit my report from my old apartment ($3500.00) I called the mangement company as I was PIF when I moved last April , they told me it was for painting the apartment when I moved.  Can they do this??? What can I do to remove from my credit reports,  it has taken 40 points off each score in 1 day.   I called the CA and they said it can't be removed unless I show a PIF receipt for the $3,500.00.  PLEASE HELP..... 

Check your state UCC laws on rentals, usually one is only liable to the extent of deposit unless sued for excessive damages. If you departed this complex prior to your BK-7 discharge, anything they say you may owe past the deposit amount is discharged. All debts are discharged even if not listed on the forms. You would simply send them a copy of your discharge with demand to cease & desist and remove all CA records from your CRs or you will file complaint with the US BK court for violation of the automatic stay.

Message 2 of 3
juju4242

Re: Rental Company reporting Collections - New Collections

This is not included in the bankruptcy.  I rented there after my chapter 7 was discharged.   As I said my rent is paid in full they are claiming ithe 3500 is for painting the apartment after I left. 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.