Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental HP Inguiries

tag
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rental HP Inguiries

Mortgage inq all count as one if done within a certain period of time from what I understand.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

Mortgage inq all count as one if done within a certain period of time from what I understand.

This is true.  However, the OP is looking for a rental.  Too bad it isn't the same though.

Message 12 of 15
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately looking to rent.  A lot of housecleaning to do before I ask for a mortgage.  I couldn't handle the denial or the LOE they would want Smiley Sad

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 13 of 15
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Most of the larger property management companies (like mine) require every applicant over the age of 18 to be screened through their screening company which checks for fraud alerts, credit, criminal, rental history .. We use a company called Real Page. I wish we could use applicants current credit report but we have to screen them which results in a HP. Just shop around for the perfect fit for you and then apply. If you're not concerned with credit then it shouldn't be a problem. Most properties lowered their criteria on applicants to approve people with lower scores. As long as you don't have unpaid rental collections on there or a very recent BK, we can approve you. Our company overrides foreclosure a and takes it completely out of your scoring.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Sarah:  Good to Know, thanks for sharing this bit of very useful information!  Heart

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.