SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: Rental Issue re-aging or something

This was in regards to the original post by the way 

Message 51 of 56
p-
Valued Contributor

SSH0126 wrote:the original client obtained a judgment against the consumer in 2008 which has been accruing interest.

Wait - Did they sue you and win a judgement against you?  That changes things a bit.   A judgement is reported on your CR from the date of the judgement, not from the DOFD of the debt that led to it.  It sounds like they are offering to delete in exchange for payment.  If they actually have a judgement against you it might be worth it.

Message 52 of 56
p-
Valued Contributor

guiness56 wrote:  I am a her.

lol

Message 53 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Okay we lived there for 6-7 years after he moved out of that place. we never recvd a letter a call or anything. SO if a judgement was filed we have no knowledge. The sent responses to the letters we sent them feb, march, and may to a state in which my husband resided in back in 2000. Why would you send responses to that state when we have sent letters from texas and the address was clearly on the top of each letter. 

This is probably how they got a judgement if in fact they did. Playing games. 

Message 54 of 56
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Their reply to the BBB about you knowing the debt is just is a crock as far as I am concerned.  If they were sending everything, knowingly, to an address you no longer live at they got a default judgment. 

In your response to the BBB I would make it clear you (he) knows nothing about a judgment and even if you did it does not remedy the fact they are reporting more than you actually owe.  And they told you exactly that.

Message 55 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Hi, 

One of my threads got intertwined with the thread you just responded to. SO this bbb reposne was about the rental that my husband had back in 2002 right before he deployed to Iraq. The collection agency keeps updating the DOFD. My questions were as follows. 

I was not aware of any court date or any judgement.

Why would the send to address on file in the state of Ohio (which I have not lived in since 2001)when the letters clearly stated to send all corespondence to the Texas address.

If a judgement was actually made then how and why would they accept payment for deletion?

Both adults should have been sued and not just one person.

If a judgement was awarded in 2008 then should they quit updating the DOFD?

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.