Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental history dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental history dispute

I lived in an apartment complex for about 3 months. I was raped in that apartment 10/2007. I tried to live there another year, but I started having post dramatic stress. I had a restraining order yet the individual still sent letters and harassed me. I was told that I am able to break my lease because of this. So I moved out 11/2008. I provided the proper letter to the management and everything. Now I just took a look at my credit report and it stated that I owe 6900 in 2009 and now it decreased to 3900 in 2010. But that has remained on my credit report. I have no unlawful detainers on my record. So I tried to dispute this claim, and they told me that they don't have a copy of that record on my file and that I have to pay it. But the management company has changed and now they can't find this letter that I signed and dated in 11/2008. What can I do to get this off my record.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Rental history dispute

@Anonymous wrote:

I lived in an apartment complex for about 3 months. I was raped in that apartment 10/2007. I tried to live there another year, but I started having post dramatic stress. I had a restraining order yet the individual still sent letters and harassed me. I was told that I am able to break my lease because of this. So I moved out 11/2008. I provided the proper letter to the management and everything. Now I just took a look at my credit report and it stated that I owe 6900 in 2009 and now it decreased to 3900 in 2010. But that has remained on my credit report. I have no unlawful detainers on my record. So I tried to dispute this claim, and they told me that they don't have a copy of that record on my file and that I have to pay it. But the management company has changed and now they can't find this letter that I signed and dated in 11/2008. What can I do to get this off my record.

Does the Old Management Company still exist?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JM-AM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the Old Management Company still exist

Yes i believe they do. The new company have all of my files, just a few missing files and how convienent that the one i need is the one they cant locate. Or they say theres no such record.
Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Do you have a copy of police report?

Who is reporting this information on your credit report?

Have you tried contacting the old Management Company and see if they have what you need? Do not volunteer to much information more then your name and date of occupancy. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i do have a copy of the police report. rhe collection agency is sprnger. and  have contacted the old agency, they said that they transfered all of their accounts to the new management and they should have all of the files. just how convienent my files are gone and i get charged a whole year later for that suppose to be balance, when the company changed.

@JM-AM wrote:

Do you have a copy of police report?

Who is reporting this information on your credit report?

Have you tried contacting the old Management Company and see if they have what you need? Do not volunteer to much information more then your name and date of occupancy. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.