Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RentalKharma.com -- Is it worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RentalKharma.com -- Is it worth it?

I saw an ad on Facebook for RentalKharma.com, a site that claims that it will report your good rental history to the credit bureaus, and that it can have a positive impact on your credit score. Has anyone heard of this, or tried it? Curious to see if it's worth it before I sign up and bug my landlords to report my fantastic rental history. 

2 REPLIES 2
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: RentalKharma.com -- Is it worth it?

+ 1

I am interested to see what others think also.

Message 2 of 3
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: RentalKharma.com -- Is it worth it?

My most recent apartment started reporting. I asked for it to be removed for several issues.

1. It only reported at one CRA

2. It lowered my AAoA

3. It gave me a lower AoYA

4. It reported as a revolving account with 100% uti every month.

5. It reported the full monthly rent even though I share the cost with another tenant.  This reporting would have killed my DTI.

I think I lost about 80 points because of it. Fortunately they removed the reporting without complaint.

As always, YMMV, I can see a thinner newer profile benefiting if it properly reports as a installment account. Although if it doesn't report to all 3, I would recommends not getting it, just for report symmetry (personal bias there.)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.