Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Fatigue. I need a break.

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Repair Fatigue. I need a break.

I've been going gangbusters since 10/11. Seen quite a bit of success and a few "no-s".  I am, however, WORN OUT with fighting with CRAs over things like MOV.  I've decided they can't read English.  Form letter after form letter after form letter.  I've got my latest round of HIPAAs out now, a hail Mary to the Atty Gen's office for the paid state tax lien, and will be faxing a letter to Sears tomorrow per their request to try to finally get the "dispute-that-never-was" remark off the CRAs.  After that, I'm done for awhile.  I just can't take the stress anymore right now.

My baddies that I think are going to stick are:

Paid state tax lien (dates reporting incorrectly on all 3 CRAs, can't get a single one to fix it, even sending in the court docs)

3 Accounts reporting 90+ days, 1 of which will drop off by year-end.  One is Sears (HATE Sears). One is the mortgage on a marital home. Those are from 2007.

2 Accounts with 30/60 days, 1 is from 2007, 1 will pass 12 months in May.

I have one medical collection that may stick even after HIPAA, but I am keeping my hopes up. 

After this round, I'll work on paying down my CCs (util is high w/ 0% interest offers) and see where that takes me.  Still hoping for a home by Christmas...

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Re: Repair Fatigue. I need a break.

Thankful,

taking a break is often just what we need. As they say, too much of anything is not a good thing.  The progress that you've made is fantastic. Take a break, allow yourself to enjoy life, to re-energize... and then when you're ready, you will have the energy to put a dent in the last few baddies that you have!

The debt happened over time, so it's ok if it takes a little while to get over the hump. But you definitely will.

HUGS to you!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Just take a break for a few weeks. Then get back at it.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 3 of 9
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Yep this process can be so all-consumming and totally draining. It's best to take a step back and live you life for a while. Credit repair can be really obsessive -- at least it is for me. I had to take a few weeks off a little while ago. Every morning I wake up and dart to the computer to check my USAA reports, wondering if today is the day my disputes will be resolved. It controls my day and it's not healthy.....Credit is an important part of our lives but it is NOT the reason for us wake up in the morning and get us out of bed.

Life is about family, friends, and loved ones.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Yep this process can be so all-consumming and totally draining. It's best to take a step back and live you life for a while. Credit repair can be really obsessive -- at least it is for me. I had to take a few weeks off a little while ago. Every morning I wake up and dart to the computer to check my USAA reports, wondering if today is the day my disputes will be resolved. It controls my day and it's not healthy.....Credit is an important part of our lives but it is NOT the reason for us wake up in the morning and get us out of bed.

Life is about family, friends, and loved ones.

Nicely put!

Message 5 of 9
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i hear you, but i have seen virtually no success x.x 

lol .... i have had things deleted, but virtually no change in scores. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BadCredBen,

By any chance, do you still have a few baddies showing on your reports?

Message 7 of 9
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Yup... if this was a regular job you would have had many breaks/ days off between tasks. A break from the process is likely to yield much better results for you. You will have fresh "eyes" on the situation and more importantly more patience and a better attitude, which as many know a good attitude can go much further in your successes with those that you are seeking assistance from. Who do you think will go farther, the guy/lady that STARTS  the call ALREADY with an attitude and a chip on their shoulder OR the calm, pleasant person ? Dont get me wrong, much of the time you need to stand up for yourself , but in the intital phases to get somewhere you get more flies with honey than vinegar right ?  keep on rollin' and best wishes !!

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 8 of 9
guydiver
Established Contributor

I just hit six years rebuilding this month.  Been on these forums a long time.  My last baddies are due to fall off in April.  Hoping to lose them March 1 if things fall off the way they usually do.  I'll do a big happy dance when Ex drops my Cap1 CO.  It'll be seven years April.  I don't have a clue what my EX Fico is, don't really care.  I avoid them on purpose, won't use anyone who pulls them either if I can help it.  I know how the long haul wears you down.  But I'm getting my second wind now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Good luck to you.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.