Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair and rebuild help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repair and rebuild help

I'm pretty new here. I just wanted to see if anyone has any advice for some charge-offs I have. They are all from 2012-2013. I haven't had any lates since those and scores across the board are 685-690.
I have a few credit cards.
Cap one plat-I upgraded yesterday to qs. 0 of 3650 reporting
Credit one- 4 of 1150 reporting
Kohls-0 of 300
Cap on buy power-0 of 500
Amazon- 150 of 1600

All of my cap one accounts are 4% interest and credit one is horrible but my oldest one so I'm keeping it for now.
I would love to get the charge offs removed before 2019-2020.

1. Verizon -569 paid. No goodwills are working. I've heard they are not easily persuaded.
2.bull city financial- I feel like I don't owe this. It's 189$ from duke energy. I had moved out and had my services turned off in August and they charged me through Novemer. I contacted both companies and duke said I could ask the apartment complex for a refund for the power. ( seriously ) bull city said any disputes have to go through Duke Energy. Basically, I know I don't owe this but would pay to just make it go away.
3. Eos caa- 284- time warner cable. I know I owe this from when I moved. They had my last name spelled wrong and my forwarding address in the wrong city. Anyone have luck with pfd?

4. Fsnb- I had a negative checking account for 250. It started at like 50. I know this is my mess up so I don't mind paying the 250, I just don't even know how to ask for a pfd with a bank. It reads as deposit related.

I know these are really bad and I have the money to pay them and will pay them either way ( maybe not duke) . I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for paying to benefit me also. Sorry this is so long!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repair and rebuild help

I also have a $30,000 car loan with cap one, which is at 25,000 reporting.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

The benefit you get from paying them is that if they are updating monthly, then your FICO scores don't get to ever recover.  PFD is never a guarantee.   All you can do is take care of your obligations, then move forward.  Sounds like you have some good tradelines reporting.  Focus on the things within your control which is UTI and payment history.  You can continue to work on showing a good payment history despite the negatives.  Time will eventually be on your side as long as there are no more lates or COs.  Keep up the good work and let us know what you decide. 

I know in regards to the Duke energy, it's the principle of the thing, but who's credit is hurt in the long run? I, like you, would pay it to be done with it and move forward.  Your scores are decent and you can probably achieve a good deal of your credit goals nowl  Just concentrate on settling the baddies and start thinking about the next phase of your rebuild which should include some time in the garden to improve your AAoA. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! I know I really should pay them, just to keep them from reporting bad every month.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I know I really should pay them, just to keep them from reporting bad every month.

There is so much relief when you know that they can't continue to report and keep your scores down.

Message 5 of 9
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

I would ask your old apartment building for a letter stating your move in / move out dates and talk to a supervisor at the energy company. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have all documentation and sent it in emails. I have move out paperwork that's dated 8/5/13 and new lease 8/13 for a different place. These charges came from Nov/13. could not find any supervisor on google and when I call they are no help. I emailed customer service and they emailed back saying I should ask the apt complex for my money back, so I ask for a copy of my last bill and they said to get with the Collection co. I called them they said to ask Duke Energy for it. At this point, paying it isn't even my concern, it's getting it off my cr. I would pay 189$ to never have to deal with them again.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't help much with your questions, but I do know a bit about the electric company. I'm an apt complex manager and this has happened to several previous residents. All you have to do is go to the electric company with your move out date paperwork and they're supposed to remove the charges for the dates you didn't live there. I've seen it work several times because they always come to me and say we have to reimburse them. Why would reimburse money that was never paid to us to begin with? Electric company just doesn't want to deal with it is all. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has happened to me before. The electric company requested that I send them proof of my move out date. They wanted to see a lease end date. Hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.