Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing Credit Vent....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

tag
Lvlover26
Valued Member

Repairing Credit Vent....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

I am really losing my patience with this repairing!!! I really feel drained and like no matter what I am doing it is not enough! I was in my low 400's beginning March 2015 and I am just now hitting mid 500's. I paid off most debt and still feel like it is not enough. I am still getting turned down for everything and I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place with no way out!!!! I am working all the time to get extra money just to pay balances off but the time it takes for the reporting to credit bureaus and what not and then having to dispute things over and over again I feel like I am on a carousel that just will not quit! Ugh, sorry I am venting this out. I really want to just scream and throw my hands up! I wish I wasn't so stupid when I was younger at 18 and caused all this mess in the first place!!!!Smiley Frustrated

EQ: 494 (6/30/15) TU: 500 (6/30/15) EX:528 (6/27/15)
EQ: 535 (9/1/15) TU: 552 (9/1/15) EX: 546 (9/1/15)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repairing Credit Vent....AHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm sure the more experienced on this forum would agree rebuilding takes time. You mentioned you've paid off accounts. Are these collections/ charge offs? It would be best to try and send those companies /CAs Goodwill letters for the paid accounts and also try PFD for any unpaid ones. Maybe post the derogs you have and someone who's dealt with those companies can send contact info your way.
Message 2 of 12
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I think we all feel that way. At least in those of us with a long way to go. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint. In the end we will finish the race. I want some better cards and fight applying all the time.  Patients Is a virtue I do not  possess. I just tell myself it will be all the sweeter when I get them. I do appreciate the post it lets me see I'm not the only one. Keep at it and it will pay off.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here darling. Have to keep telling myself welp, if all else fails I'll have perfect credit in oh only 7 years lol. Seriously I'll never mess up again and so it going to get better with time and as derogatory items fall off if not sooner. I too wish I had known better. My mom's died when I was a child. I bounced around here and there until I was 18 then got out on my own, but never had anyone teach me the importance of credit. At that age I never realized how an unpaid cable bill after I cancelled and things like that could ruin everything smh welp better late than never. Good luck to you. It's coming just wait on it.
Message 4 of 12
mwlcolorado
Established Member

Keep fighting the good fight.  It's definitely an uphill battle but you can do it!  As suggested, send out those GW and/or PFD letters as appropriate.  I just sent out my first GW letter earlier this year and successfully got a late payment removed.  I was in your shoe's not all that long ago.   Ultimately though just remember that this is going to take time for things to improve but since you are waiting, why not mail out those letters!  Good luck!

Starting Score: 626 (EQ) / 646 (TU) / 631 (EX) 10 January 2015
Current Score: 775 (EQ) / 776 (TU) / 754(EX) 30 July 2015
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hardest part about rebuilding, IMO.. is patience. But its worth it in the end. I still got a ways to go. Just keep up posistive work and you will be rewarded.

Message 6 of 12
dt3813
Regular Contributor

You're doing great!  It sounds like your scores have risen over 100 points in 4 months!  That is fabulous.  I bet if you put up details of your credit report some of these awesome people will guide you!  It's slow going, but worth the fight!

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 7 of 12
woodsie1
Regular Contributor

To have your scores raise that much in a couple of months, it seems like you are off to a great start. I have been trying to rebuild for about two years. I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times due to LIFE.  Just keep pressing forward, you will reap the benefits soon.

Starting scores TU: 537 EQ: 571 Current Scores 8/2015 TU:641 EQ: 641EX: 643
4000 3600 30006200 VS: 2450 NY&CO: 2320

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have mentioned, it sounds like you're making great progress!  Keep your head high and set some realistic goals for yourself.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hardest part about rebuilding, IMO.. is patience. But its worth it in the end. I still got a ways to go. Just keep up posistive work and you will be rewarded.

Totally agree! Most of us on this forum have been through the fires of hell with credit and so understand your frustration. Just hold on and keep plugging away.It will get better.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.