Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing credit after Lexington

tag
ireland381
Established Member

Repairing credit after Lexington

Hi all, first time here... there's a pretty overwhelming amount of info here so apologies if this stuff is already answered somewhere and I didn't already find it!

I have a million questions, but I guess I should start with where I'm at... I signed up with Lexington Law for about a year and actually seemed to have a pretty good experience (my scores went up about 100 pts). They managed to get lots of derogatory items off my reports altogether! But I'm unemployed now so I figured I'd have time to try to work on it myself... so here's some of my questions:

1. Not knowing exactly who/how often they contacted, how do I know where to start? I suppose that's pretty vague, but isn't it bad to hound the creditors too much? I did ask Lexington to send me copies of the letters they sent and (amazingly) they said they would do that, but I haven't received them yet. But in general, when do requests become frivolous and is that bad or does it just tick them off? There's several notes on various accounts like "Dispute resolved; customer disagrees" or "Disputed after resolution" ...eek!

2. Most of my accounts report pretty different information across the CRAs; for example, I have a closed credit card which I've been making regular on-time payments to for several years; Transunion seems to show it accurately. The other two show the card as open and current, but Experian shows about a year's worth of 30-60 day lates and Equifax shows nothing at all for payment history. Anything I can do about that?

3. The only late accounts showing on all my reports are from my student loans that I had consolidated 6 years ago. However, they were delinquent at the time of the consolidation, so it's apparently been showing "late 120 days" ever since, even though it says "closed (paid)".  Am I just stuck with that? 

4. As mentioned before, several collections were removed by Lexington--however, mostly just from Transunion. Again I'm not entirely sure yet what process they used; some of them are really small and I could probably try PFD. But what's the best thing to do there? Also, some of them report balances, dates, etc., but nothing else!! No creditor information whatsoever. I have no idea which accounts those even are and couldn't contact them if I wanted to.......??

Sorry if that's long and vague... kind of overwhelmed at the moment! Also, I should note I use Truecredit to look at my CRA info; Lexington required something like that in the beginning and I've just always had it since so I could keep updated--don't know if that makes a difference on how stuff is reported. Anyway any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.