Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo Deficiency Question

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Repo Deficiency Question

I had a vehicle voluntarily repossessed in August 2011 and never received notice of the sale or any deficiency balance left. I wasn't made aware of this $7k balance until I pulled my credit reports. I successfully disputed it off of Transunion. However, it was verified by EX and EQ a few times. I wasn't properly notified of sale ever. Is the SOL from the date of repo or date of deficiency? My last payment was December 2010 and the SOL in Texas is 4 yrs. I don't want to stir the pot and end up getting a judgment filed for the balance. Thanks in advance for your help. This is one of three baddies left on EX and EQ and I need it GONE!!!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Repo Deficiency Question

Anyone? Mods?
Message 2 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Anything to do with Why Chat cannot be discussed on this board per his request.

Message 3 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

My deepest apologies. I had no idea. I will edit that part out. But, I do still need an answer. When does the SOL start? From date of first late or from repo?
Message 4 of 24
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

can someone pm as to what whychat is?

Message 5 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

can someone pm as to what whychat is?

Edits have been made. You can google it. Credit repair letters that apparently cannot be discussed here.

Message 6 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

It is the DOFD just like a CC account for the SOL.

Message 7 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

That is my confusion. I have read that and then I have read the repo voids that and it then becomes from the date of the actual repo. Confused!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 24
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As far as how long it will remain on your CR it is 7.5 years from the DoFD, just like any CO or collections.

Message 9 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

That part I understand guiness56. My question is when the SOL starts. Is it from date of last late or date of repo?
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.