Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo Question: If the original auto lender is closed

tag
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Repo Question: If the original auto lender is closed

Who do I pay??? My mom had a repo in 2009. Last updated info on the acct is 1/2010. The original lender Nuvell has closed? No one has contacted me about the remaining balance of $3800.00 since late 2009. What should I do?!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Repo Question: If the original auto lender is closed

Message 2 of 9
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

No one but Nuvell is listed on the Credit Report. The account has not been updated to reflect that the balance after the car was sold at auction. We received a letter in late 09 saying that the vehicle was sold for 6500 and remaining balance owed $3500. The original loan amount was 15,622 remaining balance as of 1/2010 $9826.00. This company was a total ripoff! We bought the car for $14,900 and put $2500 down. Made 26 payments at $374 totaling about $9700. How the heck did we still owe almost $10,000. I guess that's what happens when your desperate for an auto loan I believe the interest was about 27%
Message 3 of 9
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

When I do a search for Nuvell online it redirects to Ally??? We've never been contacted by Ally though??
Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it is outside your states suing SOL I would contact Ally and see if they can even find the account and if so ask to settle for a deletion.

Message 5 of 9
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Okay, do I just do a google search for SOL in IlL?
Message 6 of 9
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

I can not find a clear answer on my state (IL) SOL on repos can anyone tell me where to look??
Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 9
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Oh, guess I better leave that one alone until I have the $$ to offer a settlement! Thanks Guiness!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.