Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo showing on cr thats not. Oc won't fix

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Repo showing on cr thats not. Oc won't fix

So I'm not sure what to do here.
Several years ago before I started worrying about my credit, I bought a couch and love seat from rentacenter. I know, mistake #1...
After several months, I moved away. Called them to make sure nothing would change, and they said no problem. I moved and discovered the furniture wouldn't fit in the new living room. As per the RAC agreement, you can return merchandise at anytime without penalty. I called the store and arranged for a pickup. It took them two weeks of me calling daily to finally call me with a pickup time, which was about fifteen minutes before they planned to be there. I was at work, my wife was at work, and so it wasn't possible. That was the one and only attempt they made.
I ended up loading up the furniture in a rented truck and returning it myself.
This was in January, 2012.
Nothing happened for a year, then in January, 2013, they placed a tradeline on my credit report listed as a repossession and charge-off with a $432 balance owed.
I've called, disputed, emailed and called some more. They say if I pay them $432, they'll update it, but that's it. I say, you got your cheap couch a year prior, so that's clearly not a repo, and I owe nothing, so there should be no charge off amount.
I'm just about to the point where I feel I may have to sue them to get this handled, but I don't know how that works, just that I know I don't owe them a single dollar, and don't deserve a repo or charge off status.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Repo showing on cr thats not. Oc won't fix

I would file a complaint with the CFPB and your state's AG

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.