Payment Status:  Current

Date of Last Activity: 1/2006

Equifax:

Account Status:  Transferred

Payment Status:  Charge Off or Collection

Date of Last Activity: 1/2006

TransUnion:

Not on Report at all

This account is a good example of my stupidity in my younger years.  It was charged off and transferred from one debt collector to another (currently with Midland, and I will discuss that in a separate post).  

That said, while it should fall off my credit report in less than a year, I want it off the report now (or more accurately I want it off the Equifax report or reported as it does on Experian)

How would I go about doing that?  Do I only challenge the entry on Equifax?  Is it a standard debt validation letter?  Do I risk having them re-report the entry to all three bureaus?

Thoughts?

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reported Differently On All 3 Reports .... Only Bad On One ... Ideas Needed

Its not a debt validation issue undr the FDCPA, its an issue of accuracy of their reporting under the FCRA.

Pick the one that is accurate, and send them a direct dispute over the accuracy of their reporting of the other.  I would not involve the CRA.

As a response to your dispute, they can simply correct their reporting so as to make it accurate.  Deletion is not required unless they cannot verify and correct any inaccuracy.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.