cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported as a Charge off on two CRs vs late on Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reported as a Charge off on two CRs vs late on Equifax?

I have question re: an old account.

The account is with Blair. The report says it was opened 11/05. That's when WFCB bought Blair's credit department, I know, but I don't have records of my own to see when my account was actually opened. Blair no longer has access to my records because WFCB bought everything.

On all three reports, the pay status says collection/chargeoff and is still showing a $72 balance, so Blair does still own this.

On Transunion, no lates reportd. Just chargeoff status.

On Experian, 38 - 90 days lates, none in last two years, charge off status now.

On Equifax, 2-30 day lates, 1-60 day lates and 54 90+ day lates.*Updates every month as late.

My concern is with the Equifax continuing to report lates. On my copy of my report from Equifax after a dispute on another account, there are 6's in all of the boxes for the last several years so this is still reporting as a late every month. Can they continue to report it late every month after they've charged it off? My only concern with this is that I'm trying to buy a house in the 6 months or so and know that they don't want to see any recent lates. I'm trying to PFD this account or PIF and GW but haven't heard anything back from WFCB yet (2 batches of letters to various addresses sent out in the last 6 weeks, plus an email via planetfeedback.com). Is this appropriate reporting or something I should dispute with WFCB or the CRA?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reported as a Charge off on two CRs vs late on Equifax?

Per who is reporting, it could be that WFCB too over the credit but failed to update with the CRAs and continues to report under the Blair's name. I had a NatCity CC and PNC acquired them. PNC still reports under the NatCity name on my EQ despite NatCity being long gone.

A CO can continue to report lates monthly after the CO up to the point the debt is paid or sold. I'd keep trying with the PFDs w/ a PIF offer. I would blitz them again with PFDs (and BTW, reword your PFDs...make it flow more like a GW...don't worry about the legal jargon; they won't sue for $72). I'd send PFDs to the addresses listed on your CRs, to the old Blair HQ, to WFCB, to any addresses listed with the SEC for both, and I'd call them too to ask for a PFD, then a GW if they say no. Mention in your PFDs that you'd like some help that you are looking to buy a home soon. Make it friendly. Try PFB again too. BTW, at my zenith with PFDs to Verizon Wireless (my only PFD success), I was sending 12-14 per month and called and faxed at least 2x per month. About 2 months later after trying PFB, they called me saying "Yes" and referenced the 100+ plus letters I sent them in the previous months. The exec's rep said, "You are persistent". Yep....all it takes is one "Yes". BTW, I'd keep trying this for 3 months and then would probably shut it down and PIF.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reported as a Charge off on two CRs vs late on Equifax?

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep sending out PFD letters.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.