cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported as both Collection AND Revolving CO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reported as both Collection AND Revolving CO?

Did you have any interest or fees that were added after your payment? I know some cards like Credit One do a daily interest so even after payment a little interest might not have been paid.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you have any interest or fees that were added after your payment? I know some cards like Credit One do a daily interest so even after payment a little interest might not have been paid.

It was a settlement offer and I have the letter saying it was closed and paid, paid as a settlement offer as 410.95 and the main debt was 573.60. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can the same account be listed as both a Collection (by a Collection Company) and a Charge-off by the original creditor? This account is due to fall off in Oct 16 per my EX report from free credit report, but I'd love for it to be gone sooner. Is this a legit reason to file a complaint with CFPB?

Yes, it can even have a judgement added if the collector decides to sue you. It is not a valid reason for a CFPB complaint.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the clarification!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.