Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Charge Offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting Charge Offs

I have 2 charge offs that are still reporting as owed instead of a zero balance. Shouldn't the original creditor be reporting it as a zero balance since it was charged off? How can i get them to report it correctly. I paid the stupid charge off in full in April and want it reported as zero owed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Reporting Charge Offs

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 charge offs that are still reporting as owed instead of a zero balance. Shouldn't the original creditor be reporting it as a zero balance since it was charged off? How can i get them to report it correctly. I paid the stupid charge off in full in April and want it reported as zero owed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just because it is CO does not mean they have to report a 0 balance.   The fact that you paid it does. 

You can try to dispute with the CRAs. 

Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Reporting Charge Offs

Or...you can send an email to the creditor & ask them to get off their fat lazy bums & do the right thing.....in a nice way, of course.  And while you're at it, ask for them to simply remove the negative tradeline...as a gesture of good will.

We highly recommend it!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.