Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting/Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting/Collection

DH has a BK from 2003. We've been steadily rebuilding his credit. A couple of the creditors are reporting erroneously; one in particular.

Providian was showing an account as "charged off" that was actually included in his BK. When I disputed through the CB, they updated and NOW the account shows as a Collection/90 days late. This collection is reported as of this month, which has caused his score to plummet.

I thought that an account in BK could only report the account as IIBK/derogatory. This account has actually gotten WORSE with my dispute because it now shows as a brand new collection account on his report.

Meanwhile, I managed to get collection accounts off his report (3) because they weren't his to begin with. ALL these events (removing 3 and providian screwing him up) posted on the same day, so the net effect of getting 3 collections OFF his report was a 4 point drop in his score because of Providian.

Now, here's my concern/question:

1.  Will this providian nightmare (which now looks like a brand-new collection) correct itself next month?

2.  Will the providian blemish re-date itself so that now, instead of being derog from 2003, it is a derog from this month? If so, pass the razor blades, please.

3.  Is this not a case of providian reporting wrong? I thought all they could say was IIBK. Am I wrong?

4.  NOW what do I do? lol

Any input is appreciated!

:::bump:::::

Message Edited by Cheech on 05-13-2008 09:12 AM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.