Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting During Disute?

tag
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Reporting During Disute?

A quick question that I have found several answers to, but they all seem a little to vague for this guy to understand. Do Public Records (tax liens) report if you are currently in a disptute? I filed a dispute on Monday and pulled MPM reports today and they were no longer showing up. Hopefully they are gone completey! Also, I have a CC that is due on the 28th each month. I am trying to figure out the date it needs paid in order to show a $0 balance. Today I recieved an email from they with my balance due for my statement. Is that a safe bet that the balance needs to be paid by the 16th (today) to maintain a $0 balance showing on the card when they report?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reporting During Disute?

If they are just in dispute, then they would still be on your CR, it would just say, Consumer disputes this.  So it most probably was removed due to the dispute.

You can call and ask when they post, or if they have a chat or contact us.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I disputed 2 through Experian online and yesterday they were there and today they have vanished. I hope they really are gone, but I can't hold my breathe. When you mean call do you mean call Experian and check with them and see if they are no longer on the report of just not showing bc of the dispute. I haven't dealt with MPM very long and am not used to how things show on their reports yet. Everything else seems to be showing. The same 2 Liens show on the report under TU and just have marks "State of Indiana" and "B24 P255" respectively.

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@CBARR82 wrote:

A quick question that I have found several answers to, but they all seem a little to vague for this guy to understand. Do Public Records (tax liens) report if you are currently in a disptute? I filed a dispute on Monday and pulled MPM reports today and they were no longer showing up. Hopefully they are gone completey! Also, I have a CC that is due on the 28th each month. I am trying to figure out the date it needs paid in order to show a $0 balance. Today I recieved an email from they with my balance due for my statement. Is that a safe bet that the balance needs to be paid by the 16th (today) to maintain a $0 balance showing on the card when they report?

Thanks!!

Sorry, should have broken that down better.  Those were the answers to the 2 different questions.  I color coded them and reworded a bit.

No, they would not be removed during a dispute, but they could be removed due to a dispute.  So since they have been removed, there's a long detailed process if they put it back on.  And that rarely happens.

Call your CC company and ask them when they cut off for posting, they will tell you.  Or hit them up on their chat or contacts page if they have that.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 7
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

That made it much easier. Thanks for the clarafication.

Message 5 of 7
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

You were correct! I checked and they were deleted!

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.