Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Late after Chrage Off??

tag
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Reporting Late after Chrage Off??

Can an OC report a late payment after the account has been charged off?

I had a First Premier card that ended as a charge off. I sent FP a GW letter and got the typical we do not delete info, etc etc letter. It does state that the account was charged off Sept 27, 2007 and was paid in full Oct 24 2011. The problem is that my Loan Officer stated that the account was reported 90+ days late as recently as 10/2010 and that this was hurting my scores as it is a recent missed payment.

Can FP report late pays on an account that was closed in 2007?

Further more, this account is payed off in full. Payment was made to FP, not a CA. I also received a dunning notice from Monarch Recovery trying to collect the same debt. The letter from FP states that the account was paid in full on 10/24/2011. The letter from the CA is dated 10/19/2011. Should I simply DV them since they are trying to collect on a debt that has been paid?

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reporting Late after Chrage Off??

Unfortunately they can. When an OC account is CO'd, you'll first see a 30, 60, 90, etc. Eventually they'll charge it off. At that point they'll continue with the lates and can increase the balance for interest. This will continue up to the point they sell it or it gets paid off. 

You could DV the CA. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.