cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Paid as Agreed but high balance!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting Paid as Agreed but high balance!!!!

Greeting Fellas,

I have recently noticed that I had a card back in 2005, that was reported lost. It si currently still being reported to my Credit File. Although reporting is somewhat positive, I have some concerns as it is stating a high balance.

1- Could anyone explain to me why it is reporting a high balance than its CL?

2- Since it is being reported in positive status, what positive role if any, it has on my scores?

3- Should I have it deleted or let it be there for now? (Date Updated is 11/30/2007, which I think is out of legal reporting range)

FIRST PREMIER BANK  #48695****
3820 N LOUISE AVE
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57107-0145
(800) 987-5521
Date Opened:08/12/2005
Responsibility:Individual Account
Account Type:Revolving Account
Loan Type:CREDIT CARD
Balance:$0
Date Updated:11/30/2007
Payment Received:$0
High Balance:$376
Credit Limit:$250
Pay Status:Current; Paid or Paying as Agreed
Terms:Paid Monthly
Date Closed:11/14/2005
Remarks: CREDIT CARD LOST OR STOLEN

10/2007
09/2007
08/2007
07/2007
06/2007
05/2007
04/2007
03/2007
02/2007
01/2007
Rating
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK

12/2006
11/2006
10/2006
09/2006
08/2006
07/2006
06/2006
05/2006
04/2006
03/2006
Rating
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK
OK

02/2006
01/2006
12/2005

Rating
OK
OK
OK

Request an investigation

Thank you for your taking the time to read, any insight will be appriciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting Paid as Agreed but high balance!!!!

High balance is not relevant to scoring, nor is it any kind of derog. All it means is that at *some point* the balance was $376.

Just let it be. It will age off the end of 2015, ten years after closing.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you,. What I was concerned is that it is showing a balance higher than its CL. Does it give wrong impression or raise red flags. I just dont see a very good pull in my scores knowing there are only two items. It is still sitting on Trans618. Eqi595, and the evil Exp 578. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't see why it would - credit limits are fluid and tend to change over the life of the account for various. Lenders would generally be aware of this.

Message 4 of 8
jim44
Established Contributor

+1  I requested to have some of my high CL's reduced on store cards as large purchases were a one time thing.  Those cards show a high balance thousands above the CL.  Norman's correct, CLs and balances change.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh now I understand, thank you.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no "legal reporting range" for the account.

The credit report exclusion periods all relate to when a CRA must exclude a derog reported on an account from future credit reports they issue.

It is not a restriction on when a creditor can report information.

Additionally, there are no reported derogs on the account, so no credit report exclusion issues are present.

The continued scoring effect of the account is that it has an age of 9 years and 5 months.

If the is larger than your current avg age of accounts, it is helping in your AAoA calculation.

Being near 10 years from closing, the CRA could decide at any time to delete the account from their records, thus affecting your AAoA.

I see nothing that requires any action by the consumer.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The continued scoring effect of the account is that it has an age of 9 years and 5 months.

If the is larger than your current avg age of accounts, it is helping in your AAoA calculation.

Being near 10 years from closing, the CRA could decide at any time to delete the account from their records, thus affecting your AAoA.

This is what I wanted to know. Since it is one of the oldest accounts being reported in positive standing, I thought it might have better impact when factored in AAOA. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.