Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Question (please do not move)

tag
kaybub
New Contributor

Reporting Question (please do not move)

I have a student loan through NELNET. I called today to see if it was eligible for early removal and the rep told me that it was scheduled to be on file until 2018. She said it was because the company reported that I made a payment in Feb of 2011 then the account went deliquent again in MARCH of 2011. My problem is the March 2011 payment is reporting 90 days past due. How is this accurate if they claim that I made a payment in FEb of 2011? I am so tired of dealing with them. In 2015, a rep told me that the account was due to come off in 6/2016. HELP!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting Question (please do not move)

In my experience, NELNET does not budge.  Good luck 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disputed, I have filed complaints with every single governmental agency as well as the useless Education Department's Ombudsman dept.... I was absolutely in forbearance and there are 4 months in a row that they reported no payment and then the reporting goes right back to paid... not a thing changed  i was in forbearance the entire time.  Nelnet does nothing to respond to me.. the so called Ombudsman does not return my many calls.  I am so mad.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

OC accounts are not deleted based on credit report exclusion of delinquencies.

If you had a new delinquency in 2/2011, that delinquency has an exlcusion date of no later than 2/2018, assuming the account is returned to good standing.

Once the delinquencies become excluded, the accunt remains unless delted by the creditor.

Message 4 of 9
kaybub
New Contributor

That's my issue. I do not believe i ever got the account back to current but it reports an "ok" month then switches to 90 days late the next month. How?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen with student loans. Went from Ok to 90 days which lasted for 9 months then 120 days late for 3 months then the account closed and was transferred.

Weird thing is I now have 6 collections accounts for the student loan. It's weird.

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting of "OK" is sometines inserted when the creditor did not report in a given month.  It may not necessarilyy mean that the account was reported by the creditor as being in good standing.

Making a payment does not mean the payment was timely, or was sufficient to meet the min amount set in the billing statement.

A dispute will likely result in their amending the payment history to show a logical and increasing monthly delinquency each month, from first to current.

It might add legit delinquencies.

I would call and ask whether they considered the account to be in paid as agreed, good standing in the prior month.  They will alsmost assuredly say it was not if they reported 90 late the next month.

Message 7 of 9
kaybub
New Contributor

Would a debt validation letter be a bad thing to do to validate the form of payment and the last time they received an actual payment from me?

Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Debt validation is a debt collection practices matter under the FDCPA, and only applies to debt collectors, not original creditors.

OC accunts are "validated" by way of your account agreement and your billing/accunt records of activity on the account.

Requets that they provide account information are informal, not mandatory requests for "validation"

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.