cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting date from Credit Lines & When 3 credit bureaus update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting date from Credit Lines & When 3 credit bureaus update?

We are waiting to get pre approved for a home loan. I started working on my credit 6 months ago and I estimate that after last month's payments (paid off 100% of my credit cards and making on time payments for the last 6 months), I will finally reach the threshold I need to get pre-approved. DTI is excellent and my husband's scores are great. We are just waiting for mine to gain the points needed. Anyway, I have tracked my credit lines reporting for the last 6 months and all report as follows:

Auto - 30th of every month

Student loans - 2nd of the following month

Credit card - 3rd of following month

Credit card - 10th of following month

I made all my July payments and it is now August 7th. By now, Auto, Student, Credit Card 1 will have reported. When will the credit bureaus show the report? I was waiting until myfico and credit Karma sent me alerts, but I noticed there is a lag for when alert me. If I don't have to wait for their alerts, I could have the mortgage company pull my credit on the 11th to issue the pre-approval. But if there is a lag between when the credit lines report and the 3 credit bureaus actually show the update (even if they are back dating them), then I don't want to have him pull the reports too soon. 

So, my question is, when the credit lines report, is that reflected on my report instantaneously and just credit Karma and myfico is lagging? Or is there a true lag from when the credit lines report and the 3 credit burearus update?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Reporting date from Credit Lines & When 3 credit bureaus update?

Updates are not instantaneous.  With most lenders, they transmit the data on the statement cut date, but the CRA's do not instantly report.  Typiclly within 3 to 5 days of the statement reporting, you will see updates.  TU can be slower to update -- sometimes 7 to 10 days.

You need to make sure that at least one of your credit cards is reporting a small balance.  $5 is fine.  FICO will penalize you for having all zereo balances on credit cards.  Sometimes this can be as much as 15 points off your scores for having all zero balance credit cards.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting date from Credit Lines & When 3 credit bureaus update?

Perfect, I just ran my free annual credit reports (saving them for just this instance), and so far Equifax and Exp are mostly updated, while TU still isn't but that's ok, I'm sure it's coming soon. Lol, and for some reason, I ended up with a $7 balance on one of my credit cards still that reported so whew! I didn't know that, it just happened by accident. Thanks so much!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.